Thursday, February 10, 2011

raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens....

These are a few of my favorite things right now:

* Reese's "Fast Break" candy bars. They are peanut-buttery and chocolatey and nougaty. And so. good. I seem to be unable to resist the urge to buy one every day I'm at school. Addicted. I'm drooling just looking at this picture:

* Teavana tea shops. I bought some amazing loose-leaf peppermint tea there the other day. While gazing longingly at the million other kinds of delicious loose-leaf tea blends they had. (Another favorite thing: loose-leaf tea, in general. I don't know what it is, I just adore it!) I could spend way too much money there if I didn't have more self-control. Also, if anyone wants to buy me the "tea of the month" subscription, I wouldn't say no...

* The Pioneer Woman. Her recipes are so amazing. And easy-to-follow. And I can't stop making them. My roommates have also come to appreciate her and my "Pioneering" obsession. As in, "Amy, were you Pioneering again today? Can I have some....?" Some of my favorite recipes so far?
Mulligatawny soup (I heart curry powder. Deeeelish!)
Pear Crisp (YUM. Definitely making that again. This weekend...)
Cauliflower soup (I love soup, period.)


* Safeway's website. More specifically, their coupon website, "Just for U." I made my sister teach me some of her bargain-shopping ways and am trying to learn to use more coupons like she does. If I'm gonna be cooking all these Pioneer Woman recipes, I'm gonna need to learn to shop wisely or I'll spend all my rent money on groceries. Their website makes it so easy and all you do is "add" coupons to your Safeway club card, so you don't actually have to bring the Safeway coupons into the store. They automatically ring up when you buy the qualified item. Granted, you still have to bring in any manufacturer's coupons you want to use. But I got 2 packages of Kraft shredded cheese for $3.98 instead of $7.98 thanks to this deal :) A whole $4 savings!!!!

* Stacy's "Simply Naked" Pita Chips. I could eat a whole bag of these in one sitting. Actually, I just ate about half a bag in one sitting. They are amazingly delicious and salty and yummy.


* My TomTom. This thing is genius. I don't know how I ever survived without one before. Tom's smooth, calm voice directs me wherever I need to go. I love him.

* Flashcards. These are the greatest study tool ever. Too bad I didn't use them for the Spanish midterm I failed......




Here is one thing that used to be my favorite, and would still be if I had it:
* The Sandisk Sansa Clip mp3 player. I loved this thing, loved it so much. So tiny and user-friendly and with so much memory. But I left it on the plane from Madrid to Philadelphia. Either that or the girl sitting next to me stole it when I went to the bathroom (another reason why you should avoid using airplane bathrooms at all costs). Whatever happened, US Airways, or some US Airways passenger, now has my Clip. I hate US Airways after that flight anyway, so we'll just blame it on them. I should demand they give me a replacement. Anyway, if you ever need a little tiny mp3 player, go with this. I still think it's better than the Apple's Shuffle, even though they finally redid the tiny iPod and put buttons back on it. More memory, a screen, and you have more than just the "shuffle" function (including FM radio), for less money. Sigh. I miss you, my dear friend.

Also, I now have this song from the Sound of Music stuck in my head. I hope you do too.

P.S. I just realized all but one of those has to do with food. That's kind of pathetic.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like it does not take much to make you happy.
    Cheers
    /k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, just feed Amy and she is in heaven!! And let her listen to lots of music. The pear crisp you made for us was amazing! Did you check to see if your renter's and/or travelers insurance would cover your lost/stolen music thing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the idea about the safeway coupons! checking that one out!! maybe you should track down the man that did the recordings for "tom tom" hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm good idea about the traveler's insurance, I'll have to look into that. I'm totally going to track down the real-life TomTom, Helen :)

    ReplyDelete