Friday, May 13, 2011

annyong!

Sooooo....guess who's going to KOREA?!!?!?!?! (It's me, just in case you couldn't figure that out). (South Korea, not North, just in case you were confused).

After waiting for FOREVER to hear back from them, I found out last night that I got accepted into the program I applied for. So I'll be leaving July 18th for five weeks in Korea! The first week there, we spend training for the camps. Then there is a week-long camp where we will be teaching classes. We have a week off after that, then another class. Then a few days of sightseeing and back home!

The week we have off in between classes should be quite interesting. We have three options: stay with a host family, stay in a bed and breakfast near a beach, or stay in a Buddhist temple. I'll give you one guess as to which option I chose. (I chose the Buddhist temple, just in case...)

I'm assuming it will be like the temple in Eat, Pray, Love. And that Javier Bardem will be there to be my tour guide. I'll be awfully disappointed if this isn't the case.


Sooo, who wants to teach me Korean????

3 comments:

  1. No buddist demon temples....but the beach house sounds like a good option!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez mother, they are not demons. It will be an amazing cultural experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can pick up a new Budda Bob for Uncle Dave!!!!! He'd love it.

    ReplyDelete