Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Get 'er done!

Every time I get something wedding-related accomplished, I feel so fantastic! And then realize I have barely scratched the surface. But that's okay, I'll celebrate each little thing anyway!

We had a pretty successful weekend! We found an amazing suit for Ben and vests for the guys (dark brown for Ben and tan for the guys) at Macy's (AND they were on sale!!!). And we even found a tie (well, two, now we have to choose between them!) for him. So that was huge! The suit looks amazing on him and will be so good with all our colors. So yay! Kayla and I still need to go shopping for a dress for her, and then we need to find ties for the boys. And we need to find a fourth groomsman for Ben since Jace can't make it :( BUT! So many good things!

Then today I got an email from Debbie letting me know that one of her coworkers has an Etsy shop where she makes little flower accessories. So I'm talking to her about making me a sash to go with my dress! I was going to make it myself, but there are some things I need to just have someone else take care of for me! Also today I ordered lace for the invitations! It was a good price from Amazon, the cheapest I could find, and seems like it will be perfect. Of course, that's the scary thing about ordering online...I don't really know what it will look like. But I think it should do the job!


 Source: amazon.com via Amy on Pinterest



So next up on the list is getting the rest of the invitation materials and putting those together and sending them out. I am going to send them out a little earlier than traditional since it is a holiday weekend. Maybe like 9 or 10 weeks before the Big Day. Anyway, we're working on all that next!

I also need to figure out the food situation. I would love if I could find someone to cater for us, but I don't think anyone will cater for 200 people for $5 per person.....cuz that's about all we can afford. But if you know anyone willing to do that, please let me know! Otherwise we just need to finalize the menu and figure out who is going to do what!

I also need to figure out hair and makeup. I was planning on also just doing that myself, but might find someone to help out with that since I am pretty hopeless in both of those areas.

Anyway, things are getting done! AND SO IS SCHOOL! I only have FOUR weeks left! I may get my first C in my last term of school because of my stupid Science professor's lack of instructions on ANYTHING, but I don't even care because I will be DONE. And then have to find a job. And a new place to live.

Oh dear...

1 comment:

  1. pfffftttt...you are hopeless with hair and makeup?????? pffft again. Sounds like you are making amazing progress...bring your invitations next week, we can work on them!!

    ReplyDelete