Tuesday, May 8, 2012

RSVPs and other things

So many decisions to make! I keep checking things of the "To-do" list but then it seems like it doesn't even make a dent on the things left to actually do. Anyway, right now I'm working with my amazing roommate on invitations. She has some really great ideas and has done some cute mock-ups. But of course there are some decisions to be made. We know we will be including the general invitation and a map of the venue so people know where to go. Although as I just typed that, I'm wondering how necessary that is even...it will be online. Anyway, I still think we should include that. Now for the other things. Do we include registry information? "Amy and Ben are registered at ______________." Or do we just tell them to visit our website to get registry information? And then there are the RSVPs. Oh dear.

I've been thinking online RSVPs are what we want. Just include a little card telling them how many spaces we have reserved for them, when to respond by, and to go to our website to respond. But now I am wondering if maybe we should include an actual RSVP card with the option to respond online. I hate the thought of spending X amount of dollars on RSVP cards and postage and then having no one use the cards. But I also hate the thought of not getting RSVPs because people think it is too much work to go online to respond. And then there are the folks who don't really use the internet. Bah. We could always send RSVP cards to those who we don't think use the internet and then ask everyone else to respond online. Ah too many options!!! Advice? Ideas?

Anyway! These are some of the invitation ideas I like:
Source: etsy.com via Amy on Pinterest

Love the white lacey details on this one! Still looks good with black font though.



Very simple but elegant at the same time. I like the monogram that is repeated throughout 
and the lace and twine tied around it.



I like the size and shape of these ones, not the traditional size but more legal-sized envelope shape. 




Love the lace :)


Source: google.com via Amy on Pinterest

I like the burlap texture and the white printing details. I really love white printing, but that is something you have to have done professionally. So it seems like it would be easy enough to just get like a stamp to stamp on an "&" or something on each one!

Source: flickriver.com via Amy on Pinterest

I really love the flowery lacey design and again the white!



Suuuper simple but with lace details. Love! White font again though... :/

So basically, I love the brown paper bag paper, lace details and white printing of some sort. I like kind of simple but elegant at the same time. We'll see what Megs comes up with for us!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not even planning a wedding, and reading all these posts about it is exhausting! LOL, you are making great progress, AND still acting sane!!

    ReplyDelete