Saturday, September 22, 2012

Wedding projects

We made a lot of things ourselves for the wedding. And got a lot of ideas from Pinterest! Here are some of the things we DIYed.




Invitations! By saying "we" made them, I mean that my friend Megan designed them and figured out all the logistics and then Ben and I just put them together. She did pretty much all the work!





Mini pies! Again, by saying "we" made them, I mean my mom did. She made them all. I didn't help at all. But they were BEAUTIFUL and DELICIOUS and I wish I had one right now!





Little coloring books for the little kiddos in attendance at the wedding. I got the file through Pinterest from Lovely Indeed.



Gifts for the groomsmen and a few other people! This idea we got from Etsy. We were about to order some of these, but then I realized we could just make them for way less. It took us a few tries before we figured it out, but it's super easy if you have the right stencils! We got all the materials from Michael's for about $40 and then got beer steins from the dollar store. They turned out pretty great!



I also made some bags for the girls. Another Pinterest idea :) Pretty easy to make and they turned out really pretty. If I had more time, I would have made the letters look way nicer :/ Here is the link to the website!




Flowers! My sister put the bouquets and centerpieces together after we picked the right colored Dahlias out from Frey's Dahlia Farm in Turner, OR. It was fun to go out and see what colors we wanted, and they were soooo beautiful. She had them all cut and ready for us on Friday morning when we picked them up, then my sissy spent a good couple hours making them look amazing. 


Last but not least, we also made the favors. Mom had a billion little succulents growing in her garden, so we just picked them and put them in some peat pellet pots and then wrapped them in sandwich baggies and burlap. They looked so cute!


 Jesse made us some amaaazing signs that we stuck next to the road to show people where to go. They were so beautiful! I kind of want to just hang them up in our apartment!

Source: weddingbee.com via Amy on Pinterest

We made other signs too, one similar to this one, using chalkboard paint and a "chalk" marker that I got at Michael's. I used that and "chalkboard" placecards for the buffet table so everyone would know what was being served!



That is all I can think of for now that we made. Lots of projects, but they were all so much fun and I'm glad we were able to make the wedding so personal :)

1 comment:

  1. You have made some amazing friends my Darlin'!! And Ben was so incredibly helpful and supportive, even during the occasional meltdowns...sure found yourself a keeper!!

    ReplyDelete