Monday, August 30, 2010

adios, Estados Unidos.

I'm not even gone yet, but I'm already missing certain things. Here are some of them:

* obviously, my family and friends. <3 you all.
* Community, 30 Rock and Glee. Plus a few other shows. But those are my favorites and I don't know how I'll survive being a whole season behind on them!
* sushi. I've become obsessed. I don't imagine Spain will have real good sushi.
* frozen yogurt. yummmmmmm. Hopefully they'll have some of that in Spain.
* laundry. I like drying my clothes. As terrible as it is for the fabric. And the environment? I don't like line-drying things, but guess I'll have to get used to it since nobody uses dryers over yonder.
* my cute little centrally-located apartment. Although I won't miss how much it costs.
* Solid Rock church and my house church. Love it.
* working out with a trainer. It's just not the same without one.
* the English language.
* having a full closet of clothes, shoes, etc. One suitcase's worth won't go very far...
* having money in the bank....stupid tuition. And stupid people who won't give me any scholarships.

Wow this sounds negative. I will miss all this, but am soooooo excited for all the great things that I will find in Spain. The things that I will miss when I come back!

3 comments:

  1. I was fortunate enough to get paid well to go to college and be able to travel all over Europe. Yep Spain as well. Madrid, Barcelona, Benidorm, Costa Brava. I'll chip in with some spending money for you. My personal opinion is that Spanish should be made mandatory in the US, just as English is in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunday Sept. 19th the Vuelta Espana is finishing late afternoon in Madrid. The Vuelta is to Spain what the Tour de France is to France and the Giro de'Italia is to Italy. A great bicycle race and a cool thing to watch.

    Tenga un gran viaje.
    Hasta luego

    Klaus

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaah Thanks Klaus!! ;) That sounds like it would be fun to watch. I'll be in Sevilla by the 19th but maybe will have to come back up to Madrid to see it, unless they come through Sevilla at some point...? I'll have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete