Monday, August 9, 2010

a few of my favorite things

In an earlier blog, I stated that I wanted to get an iPod shuffle. I changed my mind. They have terrible reviews and I hate that the controls are all in the headphones. Sooo I did a little research and found that the Sansa Clip seems to be the best mini-mp3 player out there right now. So that's what I bought. It holds twice as many songs as the iPod and was like $30 less. So cute and little and sounds great!




Another one of my favorites is a kind of makeup. Most girls love mascara. I am one of those girls. Except I really love it. Anyone who has ever watched me put on makeup knows that I spend a long time coating my eyelashes over and over again with the black goopy stuff. I've tried many kinds of mascara, some good, some bad. And then I tried this. Maybelline's "Colossal Volum' Express." I love it so much I think I would marry it if I could. They claim that you will have "colossal lashes in just one coat!" Which is true. But I still go for a good 5 or 6 coats. I stop right before I attain Tammy Faye Bakker-level eyelashes. This mascara is normally like $6 for a tube. But every once in a while they will do a package of TWO tubes for the price of one. That's when I stock up. But when I used up my last one, I couldn't find any of the two-for-one ers. And because I am too cheap to pay $6 for a thing of mascara, I kept trying different kinds in hopes that I would find another one I liked, at least until they did the deal again. I went through like 3 different kinds until they FINALLY did the 2-for-1 again. So I bought 3. Which means I bought 6 tubes of mascara. I should be set for, oh, maybe 6 months? Hahahahah hopefully longer, but with the amount of mascara I pile on, you never know.


No comments:

Post a Comment