Monday, August 16, 2010

brain, please turn off so I can sleep.

So much going on this week, it's pretty crazy. The last week of my class. My super-tough, might-kill-me class. Good thing I like Spanish or I would have definitely given up by now. Besides having homework to do every night (or the morning before class...), I also have to take the final exam on Friday. I don't normally get nervous for tests. Especially Spanish ones. I usually know the stuff inside out. But this stuff. Advanced-ish grammar. Relative pronouns. The passive voice. The Spanish equivalencies of the English "-ing" tenses (why on EARTH are there so many ways to say "I am speaking"?!). Lord help me. Seriously.

Also this week, I have to pack everything up in boxes. And get more boxes. And promise myself to never buy another thing. Ever.

I have two (maybe three?) more days of work. I love my little job and have a lot of fun there. Might actually miss it while I'm gone!

I have to say good-bye (that sounds dramatic, I'll only be gone for 4 months) to my friends here. I have met some beautiful people and made some amazing friends in Portland. Besides old friends from Corvallis, etc., I will miss everybody! Wish I could bring every single person to Spain with me.

Then, when its all said and done, I have to move everything out this weekend. Ay yi yi I hate moving. Reference above: "promise myself to never buy another thing." If I didn't have so many things, moving would be a piece of cake.

Then, when that's all said and done, momma has surgery on Monday morning. One week from today. Good-bye, cancer!

Whew. I can make it through this week. I can make it through this week. I can make it....."I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Although apparently I'm not leaning on Christ enough as I seem to be unable to sleep. Even Tylenol PM has failed me the last couple nights. Not fun. At all.

Here's to getting a good night's sleep tonight! Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Close you eyes, put your right hand over your heart, focus and listen to your breathing. Sweet dreams.
    God is on the throne and in control. He worries about you, so you don't have to worry about anything.
    My mom always said:"Nothing gets eaten as hot as it gets cooked." You'll do just fine in your test.
    Klaus

    ReplyDelete