Monday, September 13, 2010

one week down, ...

First week in Spain, complete! Seems like it's been much longer than a week. But I'm getting settled now and feeling pretty good about things! I've traveled around Madrid a little, experienced both the Spanish bus and train systems, eaten some interesting food (another post to come later about that!), explored Sevilla, moved in with a stranger, met some pretty great people, practiced my Spanish, been to the beach, gotten sunburnt.....and much more!

We went to the beach this Sunday which was pretty fun. Although my skin doesn't exactly agree with that...We had to take the bus there, which was an adventure in and of itself. We got there to buy our tickets, and there was a little line but we didn't worry too much. Then we got to the bus area and there was a much bigger line. Then we started to worry a little. Then the bus pulled away without us and we got more worried. Then another bus came, and we pushed our way on. We made it! We got to the beach about an hour and a half later, with our swimsuits, sunscreen and lunches from our señoras. We spent about 5 or 6 hours there (waaaay too long, as I am quite red) and then headed back. Pretty tiring day, but fun and relaxing at the same time!

Today was the first day of my intensive language class. Our professor started out the day by teaching us curse words. Then she took us to coffee and to see a cathedral. hahaha quite a day! Should be a fun class, its only two weeks long but I think we'll learn a lot. A lot more curse words anyway....

Here's some more pictures! I tried to upload a video of Flamenco dancing/music, but it wouldn't work. I'll have to try again later!



Saw Jesus. No big deal. Oh wait, that was a
statue in one of the cathedrals. Very ornate!

Cute statue! Dedicated to Clara Campoamor, who
fought for women's rights in Spain.

Triana Market. So much fun, will definitely have to
go back and actually buy some stuff :)

More of the Triana Market. Yummmm!

New favorite spot....and close to my house. uh oh!

yum!

So many options! (I tried to get a better picture, but
they yelled at me and told me no pictures allowed.
Um, it's ice cream. seriously?!)

La playa! Montalascañas, so nice!

My señora made me a bocadillo to bring with me :)
Tuna and tomatoes, yum!

So relaxing!





2 comments:

  1. haha. no pictures of ice cream? gesh. you forgot to share the curse words you learned?!!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are having fun and relax. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete