Tuesday, September 14, 2010

snooping...and flamenco

Well, my señora left me alone in her apartment. She's going out on the town (or something), so left me some dinner on the table and said to eat it whenever I felt like it. So I did. And then I took my plate to the kitchen. And snooped around a little. We were all told when we first got here that señoras don't like people in their kitchens. They are very possessive. So I have pretty much stayed out of it. I kept trying to help with dishes and stuff at first, but gave up because she barely even lets me bring my dishes to the kitchen door. One of the girls here said that any time she opens the refrigerator to get water, her señora comes running and asks what she's doing. Soooo, I took advantage of the time alone to peek around! Found some interesting things.

First of all, this was my dinner tonight. Spanish tortilla, bread, fruit and yogurt. Yummmmm!

Up close and personal of the Spanish tortilla. Its egg with potatoes and onions. Delish!

Oh, look what else she's got in her kitchen! Just a few cervezas.

Plus a box of wine. What?!

Oh look what else I found! Leftovers! Yummmmm.

See, I wasn't lying. I almost threw up when I saw it sitting there.




Last night, Tim's señora, Luisa, took us out to a flamenco show. She is sooooo cute and I fell in love with her. Anyway, her cousin and cousin's husband met us at the bus stop, then we all went to the bar where the show was to be held. We had fun talking and chatting and watching the flamenco. (I do NOT understand how the dancers can move their feet so quickly or how the guitarist can play so quickly-although I think the long fingernails have something to do with the latter). Then, the singer announced there were some guest dancers tonight, and who stood up but Luisa and her cousin?! Oh my gosh they were adorable. Luisa is probably in her 60s with her cousin being maybe a little younger. They had so much fun, and the crowd absolutely loved it! I had to take a video of it, so please to enjoy :)






Dancing queeeeeens!

No comments:

Post a Comment