Wednesday, July 14, 2010

suckers!

So I bought this shirt at Target. Then I wore it a couple times and then I washed it. Then it shrank. Weirdly. Which made it fit really awkwardly. Sooo I decided to try to return it. I took it to the store and said this shrank and I can't wear it anymore. And the lady told me that that isn't an acceptable reason to return. Basically said, "it's cheap. what do you expect?" Sooooo I went to another Target. Where I said, "gee, I don't know what happened to the tag!" And she said "oh that's no problem. Here's your $14.99." baaaaaahahahah take THAT Target! You may ask why I did that for a mere $15. But hey, $15 is $15! Now I need to try this at Old Navy... :D




p.s. while writing this, I couldn't figure out if "shrank" or "shrunk" was the correct word to use (both just look totally weird to me now). So I googled it. Ohhh google. Here's what I found:

The simple past tense form of “shrink” is “shrank” and the past participle is “shrunk”;
it should be “Honey, I Shrank the Kids,” not ”Honey, I Shrunk the Kids.”
(Thanks a lot, Disney.)


“Honey, I've shrunk the kids” would be standard, and also grammatically acceptable is “Honey, I've shrunken the kids” (though deplorable from a child-rearing point of view).

No comments:

Post a Comment