Sunday, July 18, 2010

summertime!

This is the sole reason why I love summer so much. Berries! Well, maybe nice warm sunny days are the real reason, but fresh summer berries are a close second. I went to the Farmer's Market on Saturday with my friend Annie, where I couldn't stop myself from buying a half-flat of berries! We walked around a little before I decided which stand to buy from (which I'm glad we did, as the strawberries at all the other stands were tiny and not-so-great looking). I got 3 pints of strawberries, 2 pints of blue and 1 pint of raspberries. All for $15. Not cheap by any means, but so worth it. I froze some and ate the rest. Literally. They're all gone a day later except for the berries in the freezer. Yum! I don't know why I haven't gone to the market more often. That's a lie, yes I do. I usually get off work at 12:30 or 1:00, which is THE craziest time to go there as there's a ton of people milling around. But we waded through the crowd and it was worth it. Even managed to wait in line for lunch (tamales. world's best tamales.).

Anyway, after a little homework (or a nice nap...), Annie and I met up again for church. Loving Solid Rock! Great church, great people, great messages, great ministries...so nice to find a church I really like!

Today (Sunday), I went to work (early, since my manager was too sore from her circus acrobatics class to work her whole shift....hilarious!). After, I came home and then went outside and laid in the grass in the park blocks for an hour or so in the sun. Think I got a nice little vitamin D boost, not to mention a little color. Now its time for some more Spanish homework....wanna know what I'm studying? The different meanings and usages of "de," "con" and "en" (essentially "of," "with" and "in," respectively). Fun times. I won't even tell you how many rules there are for each of these tiny prepositions.

No comments:

Post a Comment